This event is part of Raise Your Game, a digital skills programme from Creative Edinburgh. Designed for creative freelancers and with a focus on digital tools, data and future-proof working models, it provides the space, confidence and skills required to envision and work toward the next stage of your career.
Whether you attend one workshop or all eight, it's time to take stock, make moves, think forward, and get prepared to Raise Your Game. To find out more about Raise Your Game programme, visit here or explore the full Programme Overview here.
How can you map the future of your creative practice? Find out what innovative business models exist, and what digital and planning tools can help you realise, set and work towards your goals.
Join 30 attendees for this interactive 3-hour session delivered by Project Manager Caroline Parkinson, hosted by Creative Edinburgh. Taking place on Zoom Meetings, there'll be opportunity for discussion, activities away from the screen and Q+A.
Whether you're going freelance, keen to start a creative business or pivoting how you currently work, this session introduces you to a range of questions required to think forward and plan ahead, allowing you to make decisions with confidence as you map your future!
What will be covered?
- Goal setting: recognising your vision, establishing your mission and setting realistic goals to work towards it
- Evaluation: using SWOT analysis to identify opportunities and tackle challenges
- Business modelling: understanding what models are available to you and how to adopt them
- Business planning: identify your audience and/or market, creating a business plan and utilising tools in the process
- Finances: making projections, utilising cash flow tools and understanding available resources
- What's next?: identifying and planning for the next steps of your creative business
Who's your host?
Caroline Parkinson is a creative business mentor and has operated as a consultant in the creative industries since 2014. In the past two years she worked with the Data Driven Innovation Programme at the University of Edinburgh, and most recently began working with the Edinburgh Futures Institute.
From 2010-2014 she was Director of Film, TV, Music, Creative Industries, Skills & Innovation at Creative Scotland. Her early creative life included ballet, rhythmic gymnastics, contemporary dance, fashion design, photography and singing in various bands. She is a published and exhibited professional photographer.
Caroline serves on the Board of Architecture & Design Scotland, and of Scottish Music Industry Association, and as volunteer serves as the MOVE Summit Strategic Director (Animation & VFX Summit).
- A follow up worksheet, session slides + video recording for post-event consultation
- Access to the Digital Space along with all fellow Raise Your Game session attendees, allowing for ongoing peer support
- A Mentor Yourself Toolkit, specially designed for Raise Your Game, offering space to reflect on your session, take notes and make actions
Get In Touch!
Still got questions about this session or the Raise Your Game programme more broadly? Get in touch with the Creative Edinburgh team at email@example.com.
About Creative Edinburgh
Creative Edinburgh is committed to helping creatives thrive. Through events, career support and advocacy, we bring together and help grow the city’s creative community, providing a space for creation, collaboration and connection at every stage of your career.
To learn more about Creative Edinburgh's digital events, read our Digital Events Statement and Zoom Guide for Users.
Creative Edinburgh is supported by Creative Scotland and Raise Your Game is supported by Edinburgh Futures Institute.