This event is part of Raise Your Game, a digital skills programme from Creative Edinburgh. Designed for creative freelancers and with a focus on digital tools, data and future-proof working models, it provides the space, confidence and skills required to envision and work toward the next stage of your career.
Whether you attend one workshop or all eight, it's time to take stock, make moves, think forward, and get prepared to Raise Your Game. To find out more about Raise Your Game programme, visit here or explore the full Programme Overview here.
As a creative, does running a business ruin your creative flow? In a world of screen fatigue, push notifications and digital solutions, how can we streamline our workload and balance different projects to allow focus on the creative process?
Delivered by Jessica Armstrong, Project Manager and Creative Producer, this session will explore approaches to organising yourself, your tasks, your stakeholders and your creative world.
Taking place on Zoom Meetings, there'll be opportunity for discussion, activities away from the screen and Q+A. Join this interactive session and learn the processes and skills which bring you the space and time to be creative!
What will be covered?
- Build awareness of how you work and how this will drive you toward your goals
- Learn how to approach your creative world with intention
- Explore steps and methodologies that you might use to be more productive
- Familiarise yourself with apps and frameworks that can support your project
- Management, productivity, communication, efficiency and so much more
Who's your host?
Jessica Armstrong is a Project Manager and Creative Producer and has over 20 years’ experience planning and implementing marketing, business development and operational projects across a range of industries, sectors and cultures.
She has built a stable professional foundation on the skills and experiences she's had in this time and is able to bring structure, patience, resilience, curiosity and courage to all interactions, in her roles beyond production and project management, but also into business strategy design.
Jessica delivers workshops and training with Creative Edinburgh and the Creative Entrepreneurs’ Club, and is a mentor with Creative Edinburgh, Edinburgh Napier University and through other business networks.
- A follow up worksheet, session slides + video recording for post-event consultation
- Access to the Digital Space along with all fellow Raise Your Game session attendees, allowing for ongoing peer support
- A Mentor Yourself Toolkit, specially designed for Raise Your Game, offering space to reflect on your session, take notes and make actions
Get In Touch!
Still got questions about this session or the Raise Your Game programme more broadly? Get in touch with the Creative Edinburgh team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Creative Edinburgh
Creative Edinburgh is committed to helping creatives thrive. Through events, career support and advocacy, we bring together and help grow the city’s creative community, providing a space for creation, collaboration and connection at every stage of your career.
To learn more about Creative Edinburgh's digital events, read our Digital Events Statement and Zoom Guide for Users.
Creative Edinburgh is supported by Creative Scotland. Raise Your Game is supported by Edinburgh Futures Institute and in partnership with Creative Informatics.