This event is part of Raise Your Game, a digital skills programme from Creative Edinburgh. Designed for creative freelancers and with a focus on digital tools, data and future-proof working models, it provides the space, confidence and skills required to envision and work toward the next stage of your career.
Whether you attend one workshop or all eight, it's time to take stock, make moves, think forward, and get prepared to Raise Your Game. To find out more about Raise Your Game programme, visit here or explore the full Programme Overview here.
New to tax returns? Got business or personal financial goal that feels way out of reach? Daunted by a conversation around money? Learn how digital tools can make your money management more efficient, plus allow you space to work toward your dream.
Delivered by Barclays and taking place on Zoom Meetings, this session offers an opportunity to learn, discuss common issues around personal and business money goals and ask questions to an expert team.
Please note, this session will not be recorded, but follow up sessions and additional resources can be made available.
What will be covered?
Making your Business Digital
- What is Digital ?
- What is the Cloud ?
- What is an API ?
- How HMRC are using these technologies ?
- How you can benefit from this technology ?
Cyber Fraud and Scams Risk
- Why should Cybercrime matter to me ?
- Social Engineering – what do you need to know ?
- Common Cyber Threats
- Steps you can take to protect yourself and your business
- An overview of the Barclays Money Mentors offer, delivering free and impartial help around your money questions
Who Are Your Hosts?
This session will be hosted by a range of experts from across the Barclays Business & Personal Banking teams, including:
Brian Gorey – Area Business Manager
Gillian Lambert – Relationship Director
Chris Berends-Sheriff – Digital Engagement Manager
Lisa Taylor – Moment Banker
Jack Greenwood – Digital Eagle
- A follow up worksheet, session slides + video recording for post-event consultation
- Access to the Digital Space along with all fellow Raise Your Game session attendees, allowing for ongoing peer support
- A Mentor Yourself Toolkit, specially designed for Raise Your Game, offering space to reflect on your session, take notes and make actions
Get In Touch!
Still got questions about this session or the Raise Your Game programme more broadly? Get in touch with the Creative Edinburgh team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Creative Edinburgh
Creative Edinburgh is committed to helping creatives thrive. Through events, career support and advocacy, we bring together and help grow the city’s creative community, providing a space for creation, collaboration and connection at every stage of your career.
To learn more about Creative Edinburgh's digital events, read our Digital Events Statement and Zoom Guide for Users.
Creative Edinburgh is supported by Creative Scotland. Raise Your Game is supported by Edinburgh Futures Institute and in partnership with Creative Informatics.